Ayurveda as Composed of two Sanskrit words, "Ayu" or life, and "Veda" or knowledge. Welcome to True Health Care To achieve healthy baby, both the seeds i.e female ovum and male sperm should be healthy during conception.
Panchakarma is a purifying therapy to enhance the metabolic process through food and herbal medicines. It is used in deep rooted chronic disease as well as seasonal imbalance of tri-Doshas. As the wastes are eliminated from the body the person becomes healthy. So Panchakarma means five types of actions or techniques or treatment. These types of therapeutics are based on elimination therapy.
Panchakarma is elimination of doshas from the body. It is one of the peculiarities of Ayurveda. Since according to Ayurveda, disease is the result of imbalance of doshas, when the increase of dosha is in a large quantity the best way to get cured faster is expelling the doshas out. These procedures (Karmas) are five (Pancha) and hence they are described as Panchakarma i.e. five procedures. These are to be performed not only by the patient for getting them cured but even by healthy persons for maintaining the health. Even this is a pre treatment before rejuvenation (Rasayana) and treatment for virility (Vajikaran) also for the best progeny before conception.
General Information about Panchakarma:
Panchakarma is a specialized job to be executed under the supervision of an Ayurvedic expert. It implies some restriction to be observed by the patient and also some free time to be dedicated exclusively. For this purpose one should follow the procedure whole-heartedly fully honouring it. Each procedure is divided into three parts
• Pre procedure (Purva Karma) Pre operative.
• Main procedure (Pradhana Karma) operative.
• Post procedure (Paschat Karma) post operative.
- this procedure aims at separating the doshas and the other body elements and also to bring back the doshas to these original site in the alimentary canal; so that they can be expelled out easily from the body. There are two procedures required to be performed as pre-operatives, viz. Snehana and Swedana.
: It is a lubrication of the body mainly with the use of oil or ghee ( clarified butter ) . The person is asked to take medicated oil or ghee in increasing quantity till some particular signs and symptoms occur and that much quantity is consumed which takes nearly 12 hours to digest. The person has to be observing some restriction such as drinking only hot water through out the day, no sleep during day time, eating food only when hungry, etc.
: Fomentation especially in the form of a steam bath to produce sweating is ‘Svedana’. This helps liquefaction of doshas so that they can easily tickle down to alimentary canal. Generally this is performed with external Snehan.P.S. – Snehan and swedana can also be used independently as a treatment for vata disorders like arthritis, backache, lumbago etc.
Pradhan karma - Main Treatment
Panchakarma - consists of five Treatments of Purification
• Vaman : Therapeutic Medicine induced Emesis
• Virechan : Therapeutic Medicine induced Purgation
• Nasya : Nasal Addminstration.of Ayurved drugs
• Basti : Ayurved Medicinal Enema Therapy
• Raktmokshan : Blood letting out therapy
Post operative Procedures –– Ayurved Diet Sansarjan karma
Abhyagam - Shirobasti
Swedan - HrudayBast
Shirodhara - NetraTarpan
PindSwed - ManyaBasti
PatraPottaliSwed - Kati Basti
Churnapind Swed - JanuBasti
PetiSwed - Mukhalep
Nadi Swed - Karnapuran
ValukaPottaliSwed - Shiroabhygam
Diseases & Its Panchakarma Treatments
- Vaman ,Virechan
- YogBasti Vaman, ,Virechan ,Nasya
- Janubasti , PPS,YogBasti,TKB
- Katibasti ,PPS,Matra Basti,TKB
- SpinalBasti ,PPS, TKB, Matra Basti
- Kati Basti, Matra Basti, Nadi Swed
- Katibasti ,Matra Basti ,PindSwed,TKB
- Manya Basti, Nasya, Pindswed Matra Basti
- Manya Basti, Nasya, Pindswed Matra Basti
- Vaman, Virechan, Raktmokshan, Shirodhara ,Basti
- Shirodhara ,Yog Basti
- Shirodhra ,Yog Basti
- Vaman,Virechan,Prameh Basti
- Shirodhara, Nasya ,Vaman
- Nasya, Shirodhara, Virechan ,TKB
- Vaman, Virechan ,Nasya,Shirodhara Vrushyabasti, UttarBasti
- Vaman, Virechan, Yogbasti ,Nasya ,Shirodhara ,UttarBasti
- Matrabasti, Jalaukavcharnam, Ksharsutra
- Vaman, Virechan, Nasya ,Shirodhara, Matrabasti, Lekhanbasti
- Udvartan, Lekhanbasti,Virechan
- Bruhanbasti, Snehpan
- Virechan ,Jalaukavcharnam ,Mukhlepam
- Shirodhara , Vrushyabasti, UttarBasti
- Nasya ,Vaman
- Vaman, Virechan ,YogBasti
- Ashmarihar Basti